I am very excited. A number of things have given me a nudge and I am now in the process of applying for a postgraduate qualification in Peace and Conflict (with plenty of scope to study nonviolence). Oh, so impatient and I have to wait till nearly March to start!
SO for now I will have to satisfy myself for now by collecting what I already know/believe/understand about nonviolence together… to start building a conceptual frame …
What is nonviolence?
- passive resistance to force
- a personality trait
- a disposition/dedication to resolve conflict peaceably
- a dedication to causing no harm to self or others
- a journey (for me)
- a set of practices/skills used to resolve or circumvent conflict
- a philosophy to guide your life
- a value
- a commitment
- other things I don’t know!
I can’t wait to be reading and writing and talking to other people about all this 🙂